Asylum Lead

Mon Jun 5 14:33:03 EDT 2017

Thanks!  I came to the Barney Yard in early 1984.  I remember some GP- 7s & 9s, and SW 1500's'  I don't think we had any SD 9s left at Norfolk Terminal.  I was hoping to make the annual meeting, but we've just got ttoooo much going on.

Sometime after the NKP/WAB merger, about 1968 , N&W transferred the odd balls to Norfolk
Terminal. The FM H16-44s were already there (they wouldn't M/U with Alcos, GEs, or EMDs.).
Then came the NKP Alco  RSDs (three of them shoving coal up the slope to the Barney Yard would
blot out the sun)., and the SD-9s (no dynamic brake).   There's a photo of Eng 2352 on Norfolk
Terminal dated 05/01/1982 in Withers/Bowers First Generation Diesels.   It also notes that
the SD-9s were transferred to Bellevue before being retired.    Harry Bundy