Blackford Turn crew

Mon Jul 3 23:32:57 EDT 2017

Dean,

The info I have on the Blackford Turn was related to me by Mr. Carlton
Whitley who caught the run as head brakeman on occasion, including the
last run. That crew included Mr. Hinsdale - engineer, Charlie Buckland -
fireman, Charlie Waldron - flagman, and A. G. McCoy - conductor.

Firemen hated to catch this shovel job. No stoker, but a good head end
brakeman would cut coal down for the fireman. The 6 and 7 spot would
"black smoke you to death".

Grant Carpenter