boxcar class identification request

Mon Aug 7 12:55:43 EDT 2017

The ends don't look right for a B6, although everything else looks right. I don't have a photo of a B5 to compare, but B5 would be my guess.
Jim Nichols

 I think they’re later than BS or BT.  If I could see the side sills, it would be a big help.  Could be B5s or B5s. EdKing From: NW Mailing List Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 6:56 AMTo: NW Mailing List Subject: boxcar class identification request
One other identification assistance request please.  On page 76 of the N&W facilities in color book, Mr. McClure photographed 3 retired boxcars in the yards around Crewe.  Can someone please help me positively identify the class designation for these cars?  I am suspecting BS or BT, but I am not entirely sure of the definitive spotting features, and would appreciate a tutorial. Sincere thanks,  (and it was great getting to see some of you at the Strasburg gathering - I have some video footage of the mixed train that was shot from a unique location.  I'm hoping to find a way to post it to share with everyone) Brent
 Dr. J. Brent Greer

Moderator: