Roanoke VGN passenger station status?

Wed Aug 30 12:55:46 EDT 2017

Thanks for the interest in the Virginian Passenger Station in Roanoke.
The Station restoration is complete. We are working on plans for a small museum in the Baggage and Express building, but is not open to the general public yet.
If the gentleman who will be visiting Roanoke in October will contact me off line, I will be glad to answer his questions more thoroughly and advise him of just what he may see.

Thanks again,
Jeff Sanders, PresidentRoanoke Chapter, NRHSnsyardconductor at yahoo.com

 Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 6:42 AM
 Subject: Roanoke VGN passenger station status?

 I am forwarding over a question asked elsewhere.

 -Lynn-

 I'm taking a trip in October, and I'm going to stop in Roanoke to see the O Winston Link and the VMT. From RYPN, I'm aware of the restored Virginian Passenger Station, and I thought I take a look at that too. However, I can't find info on the web about what might be there, and when it might be open.

 Google maps: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Virginian+Station/@37.2596748,-79.9431338,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x884d0d9890aa2d05:0x17f13b8d41577a0c!8m2!3d37.2596706!4d-79.9409451 has an entry, but the business is waiting to be claimed, and info like hours, contact and web page filled in. There are two local reviews, one of which praises the museum, which implies that there is one.

 The Roanoke Chapter NRHS http://www.roanokenrhs.org/VGNStation.html page talks a little about the restoration, but there's no further info.

 There's a Wikipedia article, and an unofficial Facebook page.

 Can anyone please let me know whether there's more to see than the just the building, and the days & hours, if it's open?

 Thanks, Mark