Labor Day Weekend, 1957 - NRHS Convention 60 years ago revisited part ?? Must See!!!

Wed Aug 30 12:01:48 EDT 2017

Greetings RXR Superfans,

Wayland Moore was very thoughtful by sending this 1957 NRHS PowerPoint
presentation to me. BTW, I did go to MS.com and download the free
PowerPoint viewer. I worked perfectly and it really was free. At least I
didn't give anyone payment info! When I thanked him for sending it to me I
told him that this is probably the most impressive slide show that I have
ever seen. The photographer is Bill Volkmer. Bill states that he is 70
years old now. Maybe I misread that. If so that means he was 10 when he
took these awesome photos! See how good I am at math?? LOL! The only thing
that I question is the use of the location name. Blue Ridge, Va. is where
the photos were taken. Blue Ridge Summit is in Pennsylvania. Now before
everyone tells me that Blue Ridge, Va. is at the highest summit of the
grade between Roanoke and Norfolk, Va. I already knew that. That means it's
the summit of the Blue Ridge East of Roanoke. Please share this wonderful
PowerPoint slide show with all of your friends. It's truly a one of a kind.
Many similar high quality photos have been sold over the years for hundreds
of dollars!  I would love to have Bill present a slide show to the Blue
Ridge Chapter, NRHS here in Lynchburg, Va.

Set back and enjoy the show! To quote the photographer: "It was the
very last major steam convention ever held and it was a great one!"

Awesome stuff!!!

Norris

Norris Deyerle

Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of
Virginia's Rail Heritage Region Partners and

Lynchburg Rail Day Model Train Show Coordinator

744 Chinook Place

Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908

Cell: 434-851-0151 <%28434%29%20851-0151>

Moderator ---- Powerpoint converted to pdf for easier viewing: