AM&O RR - Question about Allegheny Station (NW Mailing List)

Sun Feb 18 00:12:49 EST 2018

Thanks to everyone for the responses on Alleghany Station. Since everyone
indicated that this was the Shawsville Station, it makes perfect sense to
me that the travelling New York photographers would name it the way they
did (speaking to Bruce's point that they named it in error). I happen to
know the E&HT Anthony Company also issued a set of stereoviews from
Allegheny Springs at the same time as this AM&O RR set. Makes sense to me
that they'd name the station for the local landmark/destination.

So now I have to add that to the pile of future topics I'd like to write an
article about....

Stephen Warren
Roanoke