Membership invitation extended to John

Wed Sep 5 13:45:53 EDT 2018

Hello John,
Thank you for taking the time to address my concern that you are no longer a member of the N&WHS. You are correct that we lost some founding members that helped make the society what it is today. That saddens us all. I also miss Skip's "Takin Twenty". I hope that I can attend some of the 2019 convention since it's just an hour from my home. I have not been able to attend recent ones either. These things that you are addressing are the things the members are concerned about. Appears that most are age related. We can't turn back the clock but we can stick together. I've been thinking about how that can be done. In order to make getting together for N&WHS members both young and old easier I would like to see regional get togethers around the country yearly. Say several hundred miles apart. Instead of a big convention each year have a big one every 3-5 years. Continue having joint conventions with other railroad historical socities. Have the mini-modelers get-togethers on a regional basis. All of these things will make it easier for both us old members and younger members with families that still hold down regular jobs. These suggestions are to pull us together. Remember the real reason we formed this group is to make friendships by including folks with a common interest. Oh yeah, can someone let John know where his donated slides are? We would like to see some!
Food for thought,
Norris

Norris Deyerle
Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of Virginia's Rail Heritage Region Partners and
Lynchburg Rail Day Model Train Show Coordinator
744 Chinook Place
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908