Pigeon Creek mine info needed

Fri Dec 28 14:57:28 EST 2018

I have a copy of the November 1965 N&W Coal & Coke Rate Manual, and as of that date there were only 3 operators on the line. It doesn't show MP's, but it does show Billing Stations and reads as follows, going from Naugatuck eastward to Scarlet Glen. I have also included what was shown on NS' company website as of July 2007, as I printed a copy of that info for myself. The current info on the NS company site shows that of the three billing stations from 2007, the Big Omer is closed, but there is a different loadout on or near the same site. The mine # is 0106, is named Miller Creek @ Big Omer, WV and is run by Southeastern Land LLC. The mine location does not show up on the 2007 map, but is listed in that directory under Consol Energy of KY.

As of Nov 1965
Mine #  Operator        Mine Name       Billing Station
0536    Adanac Coal Co  Adanac  Delbarton, WV
0466    Island Creek Coal Co.   No. 24  Scarlet Glen, WV
0476    National Coal Mining Co.        No. 25  Scarlet Glen, WV

As of July 2007 (NS Website)
0856    Southern WV Resources / Central Coal Co.        Big Omer        Big Omer, WV
0686    Delbarton Mining / Massey Coal  Ruby Energy     Delbarton
0476    Coal-Mac, Inc. / Arch Coal      Ragland Complex Scarlet Glen, WV

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Russ Goodwin
Oakwood, GA