New member

Thu Nov 14 09:54:40 EST 2019

That's an interesting recollection regarding the (possible) use of E2a(s) used in mine service. I just discovered a photo this past year of an E2a in use for local freight service in Circleville. It sounds like N&W was creative in it's uses for older motive power.  I wrote a short blog post about it here.

I'm curious though; was the Coalwood branch lightly built - or were there other reasons to that made lighter power useful for that run?

Matt Goodman
Columbus Ohio US

Hello folks,
<snip>

One question I have is which locomotives were used to run the daily runs up to the mines. I think for Coalwood it was a Class E2A and they were run as a double header. But this is based on Dad's now 91 year old memory.

Thanks!
Tom