Fw: UP: Union Pacific Special Agents: The Badges Behind the Shield

Tue May 5 14:14:06 EDT 2020

The UP was always known to hobo and boomers as the toughest pike on
which to get a ride. Both the bulls and the brakemen were ready to throw
a hobo off a train be it rolling or standing on a bridge. And even a
card carrying railroad union man might not get a ride in the caboose if
he were not a member of the ORC. The HIll Roads and SP were the easy
routes to the West Coast in side door Pullmans.

     WJPowers

https://www.avg.com