N&W 2156 LEAVING ROANOKE

Thu Jun 11 05:22:31 EDT 2020

Good morning,

I saw this that someone saved this photo on the Roanoke Web Cam. Looks like the N&W Y6a, 2156 has left for its home away from home. Sad to see.

I’m glad though it spent some time back in Roanoke and that my son and I got to see it up close. Last time I’d seen it was in the 1980’s when it was displayed at St. Louis Union Station shopping/hotel complex. It looks like for the trip back to St. Louis, maybe that’s business car NS 7 “Pennsylvania” behind the diesel? That’s fitting since that used to be the NW 100 “Pocahontas” business car.

Phil Miller