East End Shops Whistle audio ATTACHED as .mp3

Fri Jun 12 11:52:27 EDT 2020

I lived in Norfolk 1973-75 and recall the whistle at Lambert's Point. Also they had 2 boilers mounted high that looked like M-2 boilers.
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works

I’m glad someone recorded that. Who knows how much longer it’ll still sound off. I’ve heard it a couple times on the Roanoke Rail Cam video.

I’ll have to figure out how to get it to sound off on my computer at noon.

Phil Miller

Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 9:09 PM
Subject: Fw: East End Shops Whistle audio ATTACHED as .mp3

Thanks Tim and Rick R.!!!

Norris Deyerle

Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of Virginia's Rail Heritage Region Partners

Info: www.blueridgenrhs.org

744 Chinook Place

Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908