Arrow

Sun May 9 02:15:45 EDT 2021

As an offset pressman in a former life, perhaps an alternate article layout can be utilized.Rather than having the photos directly next to the text, have the text printed on uncoated stock, with the photos printed on coated stock, at the end of the article (or the middle of the publication.)In the past, many books were produced in this fashion -- the bulk of the text was printed on regular paper, with photos being referenced as 'Fig. X', with the figures being located on a special 'sig' (or 'signature' -- it's a printer's term) inside the publication.Ed BellSent from my LG K10, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone------ Original message------From: NW Mailing List via NW-Mailing-List Date: Sat, May 8, 2021 7:01 PMTo: NW Mailing List;Cc: NW Mailing List;Subject:ArrowI am here representing the Readers of the Arrow.  It is our fault that putting the Arrow together is thankless.  I am sure Ken Miller is right, but I want everyone to know the I love the Arrow.  It is very well done.Thank you all so very much.As far as cutting cost from Tim Hensley's column, I wonder what the next notch or two lower cost would look like.  Would we be able to tell much difference?  Belt tightening is a fact of life.  What savings could we, the spoiled readers, tolerate?Love to you all,Mike Shockley