Jube Jerrell Covered Up Race Horse Smith With Coal

Tue Oct 5 11:49:14 EDT 2021

You’re absolutely right, Mr. Edwards.

When future generations ask themselves, “So what made that Norfolk & Western such a great railroad?” we need to have stories like this in order to be able to explain it to those who didn’t live it.   These stories need to be documented fully while the actual storytellers are around to do the job.

Locomotives, cars, bridges and buildings are all great, but it’s always been the people that really made the wheels turn.

Brian Gilleran
Herndon, VA
Still have lots to learn about Turnips, it seems….