N&W Roanoke Offices

Fri Jul 22 09:41:49 EDT 2022

This subject inspired a question. Suppose it’s the 1930s and I want to travel from Norfolk to Los Angeles for the Racoon Lodge annual convention. How did ticketing for a trip like that work? How did the ticket agent at the Norfolk station find out if there was a berth available on, say, the Super Chief from Chicago to LA? How did N&W tell Santa Fe that it had sold that seat to me?

Rob Doorack

Guilford, CT