Artcles

Thu Jan 5 12:34:55 EST 2023

I have written several pieces over the years and sent them in for Arrow publication. I joined the society in 1996. My first item was published in 2017. It was on how I became an N&W fan in Ohio. I submitted an article 202? for publication and shall wait for it to get published. Kenneth Miller has been such a great help to me. I can't even imagine what all he does to keep things on the rails. I do not have the writing skills or the technical background or the family history that I see others have. It impressive me the books people put out. I learned a lot about the Cincinnati district from Alex's book N&W in Ohio. I have learned so much more on how vast the history of the Peavine is by maps and drawings I have been getting from the archives since 2017, which is probably close to 900 now. I enjoy reading any history of the N&W and VGN but my concentration is the Peavine. I think how sad it is to read the N&W magazine and see how family oriented it was to ending up as all business in the end. Talking to original N&W train men and you can see it in their faces and hear it in their voices their love for the railroad and each other.
Jeff Wood