Artcles

Sat Jan 7 13:30:47 EST 2023

Hi Mike - thank you for all you do to promote the N&WHS on your group! We
absolutely appreciate it. I especially concur on your thought about zoom
presentations. There has been much discussion during the pandemic about
offering these as a benefit of membership. Unfortunately, it was just Ken
and myself who went so far as to sketch an outline of how it could work,
using a sample one-hour format.

The idea was not lost, but we sort of got preoccupied with maintenance
issues at Salem Avenue, which led to our current fund drive. The BOD is now
planning a face-to-face convention (Tim Hensley is chairing this).

Making a commitment to a monthly presentation is a tall order for those of
us who either work full-time, or have other obligations with the society.
Ken and I still want to do something like this, but we could use more help
with the mechanics of it. If anyone would like to participate and help
steer the course on an online component for "staying connected," please
email me. I'm at "warren at nwhs.org"

Stephen Warren
Roanoke