The Class A and Roller Rods

Sun Jan 8 11:54:21 EST 2023

   " /On 1/7/2023 11:41 PM, NW Mailing List wrote://
//  Except for the J1's (which were a special case) N&W did not retrofit
any locomotives with roller bearing rods.//
////  Jim Nichols"/

Jim,
     That really doesn't address the question.
     Let me rephrase the question. Given the N&W's penchant for making
improvements was there not enough significant improvement in performance
or reduction in needed maintenance to support a change over from the
friction bearing rods? Also, was the cost a major factor being that it
was getting late in the steam era?

Jimmy Lisle

On Saturday, January 7, 2023 at 08:18:09 PM CST, NW Mailing List