Track Chart

Tue Jan 10 12:23:01 EST 2023

This chart clearly shows details re: both the old and new mains between
Mineral Springs and Plum Run including a major grade improvement;
approximately 5 miles of rerouted main.

The newest rail installation on the chart is 11-53 so I suspect the
REVISED date is January 1954 (January is barely legible, the year is
not).

I hope this will aid you in further research.

John Garner
Newport VA

Thank you John Garner for the information on the track chart for the
Peavine. Many years ago I bought a bunch of N&W track charts from the
society the Peavine being one of them. The one I have is a 1963 revised
chart. I have looked for years to get a chart before the original line
from Jay Bird/Mineral Springs station up through Beaver Pond was taken
out of the chart. It is a fascinating yet little know section of the
Peavine. In 2008 some friends and I hiked the old line and documented
everything we could find. The archives has excellent valuation maps of
this section with a lot of excellent information on them.

Jeff Wood