yard signals

Fri Jan 27 23:15:55 EST 2023

The attached photo is from Facebook:   Fans Of The Norfolk & Western And
Virginian Railway.
It shows Crewe yard in 2020 with what appear to be only small painted metal
arrows being used for switch position indication.  I can't make out any
lights from the distance of the photo.  Were these left over from N&W days,
or have they been installed by NS?  Is the same style indicator used in
other N&W heritage yards as well?  I would really appreciate hearing from
some of you folks that leave closer to the yards than I do and can look 'em
over first hand.
Thanks,
Jim Cochran