Class A sheathed smokebox

Sun Feb 5 14:39:32 EST 2023

Vic,

I know this is stretching the list's subject coverage but I'm curious.
Pray tell, what RR was operating steam in Smith Falls ONT in 1965?

John Garner

Thank you for your additional photos!  I am currently in Japan on =
business, but when I return I plan on ordering copies of the four photos
=
received.  As a teenager in 1965, I spent some time in Smiths Falls, ONT
=
hanging around the yard there.  I was able to enjoy an afternoon in the
=
cab of a steam switcher shunting cars around the yard.  It was =
interesting that they could just throw the engine into reverse without =
coming to a full stop; the freight car(s) continuing on down the siding.
=
  Conversations did not include any favorable comments regarding diesels!

Vic Chudoba