[om-list] Re: Cyc example

Lee Howard redder at deanox.com
Sat Sep 30 19:10:39 EDT 2000

>    So, in a sense, namespace is part of the [unabbreviated] name.  I guess
>this could work.  But I envision an awful lot of namespaces, because, going
>back to my example "God": how many conceptions of god are there?  A lower
>bound would be the number of sects, religions and mythologies which have
>ever existed.  An upper bound would be the number of people who have ever
>lived (and maybe even including some which have not lived, if we count the
>opinion of spirits, if any have been recorded in scripture, for example).

Once again, I am quite confused as to the direction of this project... and
if I were to try to explain what I had *thought* that the project was after
and then try to explain how this differs from that... well, I'd be
lambasted on all sides between various insults to my intelligence.

So, I'll let it suffice to say that I am confused - again.  If this means
that I am stupid, unobservant, silly, or destructive... well, then whatever
- just don't bother telling me so.

Lee.