[om-list] Re: Cyc example

Thomas L. Packer tomp at burgoyne.com
Sat Sep 30 17:09:22 EDT 2000

Mark

    So, in a sense, namespace is part of the [unabbreviated] name.  I guess
this could work.  But I envision an awful lot of namespaces, because, going
back to my example "God": how many conceptions of god are there?  A lower
bound would be the number of sects, religions and mythologies which have
ever existed.  An upper bound would be the number of people who have ever
lived (and maybe even including some which have not lived, if we count the
opinion of spirits, if any have been recorded in scripture, for example).

    About n-ary trees ... I'll have to think about this.  I didn't intend to
force the binary tree on common use, but I'm leaning toward being able to
reduce everything into a binary tree for some purposes.

    I've never had my hopes set on using conventional DB technology.

    Regarding communication, I concede.  I've had the same opinion for a
while, but apparently it has been a double-standard on my part.  I want
other people to communicate well, but it's a pain for me to have to.  I will
change this, however.

    But, I just want to say that, if you've ever read the writings of
Buckminster Fuller, the guy who invented the geodesic dome, then you'd have
to agree that I'm not even close to being as bad as I could be, in
communicating.  His writings are an absolute mess.

Ciao,
TomP

Omnia apud me mathesis fiunt.