[om-list] Re: Observation

Tom and other Packers TomP at Burgoyne.Com
Mon Mar 19 21:14:56 EST 2001

Mark

    The thing is, aren't all thing just collections of qualities?  And if
you can bring one quality into existence by simple observation (e.g. the
quality of being a wave or a particle), why can you not bring the complete
set of qualities into existence?

    And what of all those examples in The Holographic Universe, e.g.
stigmatists apparently bringing wounds and whole nails into existence.  The
question would then be, did those events actually happen?  And why could
they not?  Are they physically impossible?  Not if you believe in the
miracles of the New Testament.  I guess I need go no further than the New
Testament, if Michael Talbot is in any danger of being doubted.  Where did
the fish and the loaves come from?  Where did the whole physical world come
from, but from someone's thoughts and conscious attention?

    No, I don't think we change the nature of the universe with
observations.  But I do believe that we have the power to change physical
things, and certainly cause the creation of abstract qualities, such as
health and happiness, by faith, if not create whole objects.

tomp