[om-list] postgresql etc

Luke Call lacall at onemodel.org
Fri Mar 30 09:06:51 EST 2001

Here's one guy's views on why to use postgresql instead of mysql for
certain applications, of which ours is probably one. It's interesting:
      http://openacs.org/philosophy/why-not-mysql.html

I am agreeing with Mark now that postgresql sounds good, and whatever
web server and servlet engine. Pretty cool that such things are
available free. Lee, what do you think? Does Lee or Mark prefer to set
these up? We'll probably want the web server/servlet engine to be
physically close to the database, for performance reasons.

Sounds like we have our tools pretty much nailed down for the moment.

Luke