[om-list] Re: Hello

Lee Howard redder at deanox.com
Fri Aug 24 12:25:47 EDT 2001

At 08:33 AM 8/24/01 -0600, Tom and other Packers wrote:

>    Questions:  Will it be hard to integrate what I'm developing on the
>Win32 platform with our OM stuff on Linux?

No, it shouldn't be... especially if they guy who ports it is the guy who
wrote it.  There are Windows-function-specific calls that may need to be
rewritten or something, but as for the logic underneath the program, and
how it's done ... it shouldn't be any trouble, really.  It's definitely
easier for the programmer to port his code rather than rewrite his code.

>  Should I just try to start
>developing things in Linux now, even though it would be harder to integrate
>it with Thoughtform's TFStudio.exe?

Methinks you should start developing with whatever you develop in best.
Worry about making it "right" later.

>  And should I feel constrained to follow
>OM's database file format, or should I/we write a translator?

I write conversion utilities all the time.  That's how scripting is,
anyway: you write the glue between functions/utilities to send input and
interpret output.  As I've said before, I think the more important thing is
the data itself.  We can convert between file formats rather easily.

Lee.