[om-list] Re: MTShell and 4C

Luke Call lacall at onemodel.org
Wed Oct 3 08:26:14 EDT 2001

Mark and Lee have done a good job commenting on this. There are other
discussions of open source-related business models at
http://tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/magic-cauldron/ (it's a long but very
interesting read). One model you may have already looked at is used
ghostscript (if I remember right) where they sell the current version
w/o source, and opensource all prior versions.

One drawback (or benefit, some would say) of MPL is that (if I
understand right) no one can link GPL code with MPL code. The FSF
perspective on this is discussed in detail at
http://www.fsf.org/licenses/licenses.html, and their view on other
licenses including MPL is at http://www.fsf.org/licenses/license-list.html.

Was there a problem w/ the om-list?

Luke