[om-list] Open Source Search Engine

Thomas and Megan Packer ThomasAndMegan at Middle.Net
Wed May 15 11:38:12 EDT 2002

Mark

    So should I get both domain names and a project page, (buy the one, and
then set up the other two on sourceforge after)?

tomp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thomas et Megan sum, quem nihil obstat.
ThomasAndMegan at Middle.Net
Omnia apud me mathesis fiunt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Butler" <butlerm at middle.net>
To: "OM List" <om-list at onemodel.org>
Sent: Wednesday, 15 May, 2002 09:30
Subject: Re: [om-list] Open Source Search Engine

Tom,

  Registering "openseek.org" or something like it is highly recommended if
you want to run an open source project. The ".org" matters.

I recommend that you create a SourceForge project.  In fact you can get
openseek.sourceforge.net as a domain name for free, in addition to a project
page at www.sourceforge.net/projects/openseek.

There are lots of projects that have both home pages and SourceForge project
pages:

http://www.openssl.org/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openssl/

http://sax.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sax/

http://ssic-linux.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ssic-linux

SourceForge is a good way to find other participants.  Keep in mind that
most people are attracted to make contributions to projects that are well
underway.

- Mark