[om-list] OM List and Thoughtform Corporation

Thomas L. Packer ThomasAndMegan at Middle.Net
Fri May 24 20:47:57 EDT 2002

Hello Luke et alia

    Will you please do me a favor?  Please remove every document that I have sent to the OM list containing the word "Thoughtform" or "NeuroInsight".  But please allow this letter to remain on the list.  Can you do this for me?

    Please allow me to explain.

    Do you remember the letters I have sent in the past, at various times when I was frustrated with my current employer, Thoughtform Corporation?  In these letters I mentioned ways in which I thought the company or the company's technology could be improved, and I proposed starting a new company which would carry out this improvement in collaboration with Thoughtform.  I may have sounded angry at my boss, and said things that I should not have said; I would not have said them had I realized where they were going.  Because our little OM email list is so publicly accessible through search engines (which fact I was not conscious of), these angry statements, which Thoughtform considers slander, have caused my employer to force me to resign.

    If I cannot remove these statements from public view, Thoughtform will prosecute me.

    About my starting a new business: I want you to know that the things which sounded like competition were not meant to be so.  If you examine the language without prejudice, you will see that it was intended to be collaborative.  But Thoughtform has made its decision already.

    For what little it may be worth, I want to publicly apologize to Thoughtform Corporation, its subsidiaries, its employees, its directors, and its current and potential investors for my mistake.  My voice should not have been counted as relevant to any investment or business decision.  I was not even a collage graduate at the time I wrote what I did about Thoughtform Corporation.  But because of the anonymity of the internet, my words have been counted as equal to anyone else's, and I may have caused great harm to Thoughtform.  I personally don't believe that I did cause harm, but I'm sorry about the potentiality of harm that may have been found in an investor's easily misinterpreting what I said, and will reap the bitter reward of this mistake for the rest of my employed life.

    I hold no hard feelings for Thoughtform in their decision.  I feel badly that they count me as a criminal on account of my carelessness, but that is their business prerogative.  I tend to be very critical, wrongfully assuming that to improve something I must point out the faults and then try to correct them in any manner possible.  I know my boss has worried about my blunt "honesty" for some time, and this was just the last straw.

    I would like to tell the world that Thoughtform technology is worth investing in, despite what I seemed to say during careless moments.

    See you all later,
Thomas Packer
Former Thoughtform Employee

Thomas sum quem nihil obstat.