Oz -- Re: [om-list] ARC

om-list at onemodel.org om-list at onemodel.org
Tue Aug 3 12:04:34 EDT 2004

Om

	Have you guys checked out Mozart / Oz?  It's multi-paradigm, including
functional/applicative/declarative.  So, in a sense, it is a new lisp-like
language, too.  (It has lists and all those operators talked about in the
paul graham web site that constitute lisp's kernel language.)  But it is also
a new OO language, a new logic programming (Prolog) language, a new
constraint programming language, a new distributed and concurrent programming
language, and the cool thing about it is, you can do all of those things in
the same language.  And it has been around for long enough that it is quite
usable.  It has a wider following in Europe than the US, I believe, which is
where it is developed, which is probably why you don't hear about it much
around here.

tomp

--

Ciao,
TomP in BYU CS NLP

I will be changing my perminant email address to:
packers at byu.net

Check out my way of indexing information:
http://www.ontolog.com/LinkRanker