[om-list] scribble

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Mon Apr 25 18:23:09 EDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 02:22:51PM -0600, luke call wrote:
> On 04/23/16 19:15, OneModel general list [hendrik] wrote:
> >Just for completeness, I should mention typed Racket -- it's a
> >statically typed Scheme.
>
> If it were a few years ago I might consider that.  Or if time to
> switch were no object and I thought it wouldn't put off most
> potential OM developers, and had oo support and for loops and many
> other cool things as good as scala, because scheme definitely is
> cool.  I enjoyed and was impressed with scheme, got excited about
> SISC once, but those who don't know it seem to much dislike lisp
> syntax.  Do you know if typed racket has the "full numeric tower",
> hygienic macros, and other common "completeness" scheme checkboxes?

Racket does have hygienic macros for sure.  On the racket maining list there are frequently questions by beginners about how they work, and they get answers that look reasonable.

As far as I know it has the numerics all the way to floats, and exact
rationals.  But I don't know just what it needs to be "full".

I think this may answer your question:

https://docs.racket-lang.org/ts-reference/type-ref.html

It's a section of the typer raccket reference manual.

-- hendrik