[om-list] Evernote Alternative?

Luke A. Call luke350 at onemodel.org
Wed Jul 3 13:21:57 EDT 2019

It's good to hear from you Tom and I hope life is good there.  I hope Mark Butler is very well also.

My vision of OM is expressed at the web site, but I hope not to be a blocker to anyone who wants to use whatever is there to benefit any good aim.  Maybe one summary is to be like a wikipedia, with more local control, more efficient, and an internal structure that allows more efficent/effective use of *knowledge* at an atomic level rather than huge piles of hard-to-compute words.  For "big data" which I (partly/naively?) think of as finding important needles in large haystacks (& maybe training algorithms to do the same), they don't strike any chords together for me so far.  Another view is how to capture/manipulate/share the *best* info on any subject (where anyone has their own definition of best), and *best* to manage everything I know or wish to know personally.

And right now it needs/has a database and a client, but the concepts are more important to me than the specific implementation (as discussed in the FAQs about what an acceptable system would look like).

I think personally I need to be less theoretical and more adding features I have already planned for a long time but not yet completed, like easier installation, mobile, and ~ "sharing".  Various factors at play....  Then maybe someone else can add the important theories to know, as part of the maturity models, to be ready to consume when I need that. :)

Let me know if I skipped a question, or anything.

--
Luke Call
Things I want to say to many (a lightly-loading site):