[om-list] Evernote Alternative?

Thomas Packer tpacker at byu.net
Wed Jul 3 12:33:47 EDT 2019

Sorry I haven't been involved in OM since the very earliest of days.  I
think it (at least my vision for it) anticipated the current enthusiasm for
graph databases like Neo4j, which I am now learning how to use, and Open
Linked Data, RDF Triple-Stores, ontologies, etc.

Questions for you guys.

Is the new OM intended to be more of a front-end app or a back-end data
solution?  Or both?  (Doing both will be harder to scale than focusing on
one.)

Regarding the focus on Scala and Rust, is this a big data engineering
challenge or a data science project?  I have used C, C++, C#, Java, and
Scala, in past work, but now I try to focus on conversational AI (chatbots)
and hope to figure out a very flexible backend knowledge base that makes
knowledge acquisition, question-answering, and reasoning more scalable.  I
use python almost exclusively now, which is becoming a de facto standard
language for data science, partially because of the wealth of data science
libraries available.

Thanks for keeping the project alive, Luke. :-)