Ritual is a machine for the destruction of time.

open-reading-group at o-r-g.com open-reading-group at o-r-g.com
Thu Apr 1 11:05:40 EDT 2021

Dear, dear you,

I hope you're well. How long has it been -- a year, a decade, an aeon -- since
we last spoke?

Time feels a bit slippery these days. There's so much uncertainty in the air --
hours melt into days melt into weeks. Sometimes it's only the regularity of
certain rituals that keeps us grounded. Just the other day, I encountered a
phrase that's remained with me:

 	'Ritual is a machine for the destruction of time.'
 	'Ritual is a machine for the destruction of time.'
 	'Ritual is a machine for the destruction of time.'

Just repeating it several times feels like a mantra. In my mind, rituals are
structures for survival -- individual and collective methods that allow us to
maintain continuity with the past and the future while also dwelling in this
hard-to-grasp thing called the 'present.' They can be especially important in
times such as these: moments of epic reckoning with catastrophes of public
health, climate change, social and racial injustice, and the collapse of
familiar systems.

Many artists maintain rituals: daily, weekly, yearly repetitions that allow them
to sense their own existence. For the past couple of years, my annual early-year
ritual has been to re-edit and re-release P!DF . . .

(Prem Krishnamurthy from
https://pompeiicommitment.org/en/commitment/prem-krishnamurthy)

*

O-R-G small softwares is happy to re-release a new version of P!DF today, April
1, 2021. It marks the fourth year in a row on the same date, but this time it's
free. Use the link below to download your copy or go for contactless delivery
with the QR code attached.

https://bit.ly/PompeiiPDF

*

More?