[Slowhand] Rupert Murdoch

Jon Maclean Jon.Maclean at lands.nsw.gov.au
Tue Aug 10 23:32:58 EDT 2004

Actually Eric's dislike for the expatriot Australian must pre-date Conor's death, because there was an outtake for th Journeyman album called "Murdoch's Men", which although only performed as an instrumental, apparently had a set of critical lyrics to go with it. No doubt this was why the song was never released.

That said, I would assume that Eric's dislike simply stems from Murdoch's journalistic morals, or lack thereof, and his corporate greed. Again no arguments here. Eric does seem to be known for holding a grudge.

Cheers,
Jon

Message: 5