[Slowhand] Murdoch

Dale Kalina dgkalina at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 11 01:07:45 EDT 2004

I Googled EC and Murdoch and found several references to the use of the Coda from Layla in the documentary "Outfoxed" similar to the following.  No explanation as to the basis of the dislike that I was able to find.

The film also features interviews with Walter Cronkite and media critic Eric Alterman. Eric Clapton allowed the free use of "Layla" because of a longstanding dislike of Fox owner, Rupert Murdoch. Don Henley donated his song "Dirty Laundry." But CBS denied use of clips from "60 Minutes" explaining "it didn't want to be associate with a controversial documentary about Murdoch," according to the Times. WGBH refused permission for use of a clip from "Frontline" for fear to looking too "political."

Dale