[Slowhand] Slowhand Digest, Vol 11, Issue 69

Robert bluez4u2 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 09:15:32 EDT 2008

----- Original Message ----
From: "slowhand-request at planet-torque.com" <slowhand-request at planet-torque.com>
To: slowhand at planet-torque.com
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 4:05:23 AM
Subject: Slowhand Digest, Vol 11, Issue 69

That role in the movie Roadhouse was written specifically because the script writer for the movie had seen a then unknown Jeff playing in a bar a few years earlier. When it came time to cast the movie Jeff had already gained some notoriety and so the casting people contacted him about playing the role. He accepted without knowing that the character had been written about him. When the writer saw him he was surprised and told him that the character was inspired by him watching Jeff play a couple of years earlier. I thought that was pretty cool.

-----Inline Message Follows-----

I remember Jeff Healy in a movie with Patrick Swayze called Roadhouse. He was playing behind a chain link fence on the stage and had to dodge beer while he was playing. Not a great moment for his career I’m sure but no where near what Clapton relegated himself to in that hideous movie “Tommy”.