[Slowhand] Clapton interviewed in 'Shooting Gazette'

Simon George simon.george5 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 28 10:32:22 EST 2009

For anyone interested there is a short interview witjh Clapton in the Uk magazine, 'Shooting Gazette'
www.shootinggazette.co.uk published today (although the article is not online, unfortunately).

It talks, (obviously) about his hobby, how he got in to it, etc.
One quote I particularly like was "I got into it bacause of the children, some pigeons nested in the eaves of the house and were keeping them awake, I suppose I could've done it with an air-rifle, but I decided to get kitted up". I have visions of Clapton as some kind of Rambo character, weighed down with fire-arms, ammo, etc and some little pigeon quaking in its nest.

>From there apparently it was 'old friend' Gary Brooker who got him into field shooting.

Its only a page, so not really worth the price of the magazine for just that, but worth a read if you can find it.

Simon