[Slowhand] Ticketmaster..........

Jeff Elliott jnt.elliott at comcast.net
Sun Feb 22 14:07:58 EST 2009

Not only that, but there were tickets for the Washington, DC, show on
Stubhub a full day before the public sale started. And if one is a member
of EC Access (not sure why I am any longer), there was no presale, only a
limited number of "special" tickets available. I spent the first 15 mins on
Ticketmaster trying to get my "special tickets" only to find that they were
on the floor back in the back of the arena. Hardly worth the effort.

So, who are these people that get their tickets prior to the public and then
turn them around on these re-sales sites? It's frustrating because I'm
willing to pay good money for a show I'm going to see but I can't do it the
"legal" way and have to resort to the "scalper" sites. And doing so only
perpetuates the problem. It's a dilemma because the only real way to
discourage it is not to buy from these folks.

How exasperating!

Jeff