[Slowhand] Melbourne Show 10th March

Peter Haworth phaworth at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 11 03:40:32 EDT 2009

Hi all

I saw my 4th EC concert last night - 1st late 80's, 2nd early 90's, 3rd last
year, and if I may be so bold, I thought last night was probably the best of
the 4 concerts. EC was certainly on fire, and I think the smaller band
(without Derek Trucks etc) may have contributed to it as well.

Some unusual things though, firstly no support - on stage at 8pm, play for 2
hours with encore, off by 10.00pm. I believe he had support at NZ and
Sydney gigs, but why not Melbourne?? 2ndly, he only introduced Chris
Stainton and Doyle Bramhall during the show, no one else got a mention -
from memory everyone was introduced last time. Also not sure if I really
took to the new drummer Abe Laboriel, and certainly the video shots from
behind him weren't too attractive. Lastly EC's pale green Strat looked a
bit wishy washy, but there was no problem with any of the sounds coming from
it!!

Suspect this may the last time he'll ever tour Oz, but then again, I thought
that last time too!!!!!

Cheers

Peter