[Slowhand] Chatting between songs? Here's a bad example!

James Vlahakis jvlahakis at hinshawlaw.com
Thu Mar 12 12:32:36 EDT 2009

I know that the majority of us understand Clapton the man and his history
and know why he doesn't want or need to talk between songs. To the
casual fan or the unenlightened masses, here's a perfect example of why
the "chatty" artists are sometimes fake.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Paul McCartney fan (I enjoy his happiness and
frivolity rather than John's anger or sarcasm). On to my point,......

I've attended McCartney shows days and/or months apart where he says the
same banter between songs! Yes the SAME. While it sounds like a jokey
ad-lib, it's not. The worst part is that his jokes fall flat because they
are prepared.

I'd rather have EC just play.....

P.S., I've met him an few times and to those who have met me you know I'm
not the silent type. That said, I find it very difficult to talk to him
because (1) I get sort of nervous but (2) more importantly, he's a
reserved person and is not loose with words (sobriety helps I'm sure). In
contrast, I met McCartney once and he was "hey, how are you , I saw you in
the front row, you looked like you were having fun, where' you from? Oh,
Detroit? Wow, there was a huge snow storm after one show, blah blah
blah."). Paul was even so kind to allow us to come meet him after on-site
security guards tried to push us back. Linda was there too and she was a
hoot, reminding me to take the lens-cap off my camera, posing for photos,
etc. Darn it all, I should have given her my camera to take a shot with
Paul!

-Enough of my non-EC tangent!

Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP is an Illinois registered limited liability
partnership that has elected to be governed by the Illinois Uniform
Partnership Act (1997).

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended
solely for the addressee(s) named in this message. This communication
is intended to be and to remain confidential and may be subject to
applicable attorney/client and/or work product privileges. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been
addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply
e-mail and then delete this message and its attachments. Do not
deliver, distribute or copy this message and/or any attachments and if
you are not the intended recipient, do not disclose the contents or take
any action in reliance upon the information contained in this
communication or any attachments.</p>