[Slowhand] Let your fingers do the talking Eric

JP Donohoe finglas at finglas.karoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 13 03:55:45 EDT 2009

Hi

EC was pretty chatty during the NBTB tour even if it was only to introduce
the songs and acknowledge their origins

My favourite EC quip is from a gig with Steve Gadd on drums (not sure which
tour though!)

Gadd launched into the wrong song and Eric says "whoa steady on Sea Biscuit"

I'm ok with EC being quiet; after all it's the music that counts.

Buddy Guy talks way too much even in the middle of songs so I prefer the EC
way

For a look at the relaxed and funny EC check out the rehearsals for the NBTB
tour, he's in fine form then but I bet he didn't do the same once the gig
had started later that day.