[Slowhand] Eric's magic shirt sleeves - 'Bad decision'??

e c collectables e.c.collectables at btopenworld.com
Mon Jun 15 15:30:01 EDT 2009

On watching in awe the 'Live from Madison Square Garden' Blu-Ray disc,
marvelling at the sheer genius of the musicianship of the two greatest
Englishmen ever to 'tread the boards', I suddenly became distracted to the
point of obsession.....firstly during 'Pearly Queen' and then 'After
Midnight' and beyond into 'Split Decision'..at which point I finally had to
give up as the performance had become secondary to this incredible feat I
was witnessing...
Eric appeared to have 'magic' shirt sleeves which rolled themselves up and
down at will during numbers!!.
Now, I'm no expert at filming concerts but someone should have told Eric to
make sure he wore his standard short sleeve attire for the 3 nights at MSG
at least for continuity purposes.

By the way..are there any prizes going from 'Where's Eric!' for spotting
this???

All of which begs the obvious question...is the music edited accordingly, or
are we being subjected to dubbed audio onto the video??. Not something I
really want to contemplate, as it may taint my future enjoyment of what is
by far the best ever Eric concert DVD.

Mal Barker
(Somewhere on a remote Scottish island).