[Slowhand] EC's Amp

Michael Sawin msawin at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 13 17:41:42 EDT 2009

That Youtube clip was taken from the front row, to the left of EC. Later on in the RAH run, for one night, I was lucky to have a front row seat, to the right of EC, directly in line with his amp and for once I could listen to his rhythm and lead work. Although I thought the RAH run was below average, hearing how hard he really works on the guitar was a memorable experience. As with most nights, the amp was placed to the right of Steve Gadd's raised dais and it was business as usual with a tweed Fender. Actually, looking at the clip below, I'm not even sure it's a Fender-but it sure is a tweed....something. More than likely the amp you referred to was Andy's.
Check this vid out-you can see his hardware in all it's glory.

www://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X72Eg_wrb8o

Enjoy!

'Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid' Frank Zappa

'The Music Business is a cruel and shallow money trench-a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side' Hunter S. Thompson