[Slowhand] Layla 40th box

Matthijs de Jonge mattdej at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 02:56:54 EDT 2011

I also read about the packaging issues beforehand, but I found it 'cheap' at a local recordshop (Fame in Amsterdam) for 'only' 80 euros, so I took the chance. Once opened, it seems they have changed to packacing. No loose items, only the small tickets and button. The CD's are in the LP cardboard so they cannot get loose in the packing. The book is so placed, it won't get damaged.

They had a huge pile of boxes at the shop, so perhaps this is a new print/re-issue?

What an excellent box, btw. I've listed to the 5.1 mix only so far, but it's amazing! At first glance they could have included some more rare stuff (the Mean old World is the same from the 20th box set, there it was called duet version), some tracks were also on the Crossroads box set, and they could have given us the complete two Fillmore Nights). But besides that, it's a great addidtion to any collection, I've had the 20th box set for a couple of years and that was already brilliant.

Btw, this is my first post here. I'm a huge Cream fan and went to see all 4 reunion shows when I was living in London. I have seen Clapton in Rotterdam in 2006 and in 2010 with Winwood in Arnhem. Hope to catch the man soon again when he is touring the area.

Cheers for now, Matt