[Slowhand] Layla 40th box

Luke Pacholski lukpac at lukpac.org
Mon Aug 1 12:06:41 EDT 2011

Terry, re:

> I bought it the first week it was out and complained in an earlier

> mailing of the lousy packaging. I sent an emai lto Universal Music and

> never received a response. I have since later, listened to to the 5.1

> mix and I thought it sounded good. And I don't have a high dollar

> system. If you "google" the box set there is no mention of why it

> disappeared, other than the multiple complaints. I would think it would

> re-appear later in a different packaging, since they spent time

> remastering the music.

It is still available from the UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Layla-Other-Assorted-Songs-Deluxe/dp/B004I4H8PO

And at Overstock:

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/Derek-the-Dominos-Layla-and-Other-Assorted-Love-Songs-Super-Deluxe/5690059/product.html

That said, I don't know if it was meant to be a limited edition or not.
The Live At Leeds super deluxe set was apparently limited.

As far as Layla goes, I finally pulled out the vinyl from the new box the
other day. Very nice sounding.

Luke