[Slowhand] My thoughts on Lee Dickson

Jeff Elliott jnt.elliott at comcast.net
Thu Sep 15 18:48:24 EDT 2011

Simon,
Great comments regarding Lee. I think you gave a perfect
explanation as to why Lee was grumpy: " Lee had a very responsible job in
looking after all that kit ensuring EC's sound was perfect and caring for
£'000's worth of equipment.(how many of us wouldn't have jumped on stage and
had a little strum after the show given even the tiniest opportunity ?)"
I know I tried to get a couple of Eric's plectrums (or as us Yanks
call them, picks) the last time we saw him at the Albert Hall but Lee would
have nothing of that! I should have shoved my wife up there!
But yeah, what an awesome job, and responsibility. Speaking of ZZ
Top, here's a pretty cool video of an interview with Elwood Francis, Billy
Gibbons' guitar tech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6DrxfrbbF8

Cheers,
Jeff