[Slowhand] Marsalis & Clapton Play The Blues

Greg Hilker greghilker at gmx.de
Wed Sep 21 00:53:22 EDT 2011

I agree with Nick, the DVD definitely adds a lot to the experience.

There are spots where Eric smokes on his solos, but mostly the slowed-down pace
of the music does not lend itself to on-fire solos. And while it may not be "on
fire", Eric's playing on "Joliet Bound" is flawless.

I was disappointed in the technical production. I'm not sure exactly what it is,
but the audio could have somehow been better.
Not the greatest Clapton album of all time, but a very nice addition to the
collection which will get it's share of play time in the future.

Schöne Grüße aus Worms,
Greg Hilker-Schmele