[Slowhand] Slowhand Digest, Vol 17, Issue 83

John Shortridge jshortri at rmi.net
Tue Sep 20 12:54:16 EDT 2011

Hi,
I just heard "Forty Four" today on a jazz station. This sounds great.
Which version offers the most complete song collection?
There is the UK version, US version and the Japanese version. Any
opinions?
John

On Sep 20, 2011, at 10:00 AM, slowhand-request at planet-torque.com wrote:

> From: "DeltaNick" <deltanick at comcast.net>

> Date: September 20, 2011 2:57:31 AM MDT

> To: "Slowhand Digest" <slowhand at planet-torque.com>

> Subject: [Slowhand] Marsalis & Clapton Play The Blues

> Wynton Marsalis & Eric Clapton "Play The Blues," in both CD and DVD

> formats, has been out for a week. I find it strange that nobody has

> mentioned it yet. I was not especially looking forward to it, as I

> don't care much for horns and prefer a 3-, 4- or 5-piece blues

> band. But this is, so far at least, a somewhat pleasant surprise.

> While Clapton's guitar playing is not on fire, I think he (and

> keyboards player Chris Stainton) does a decent job integrating into

> a Dixieland-style jazz band, and he does almost all of the lead

> singing, and quite well too. I'm normally a CD-rather-than-DVD guy,

> but with this one, the DVD reveals so much more (facial

> expressions, etc). Nice tones from the two Gibsons Clapton uses

> (mostly an ES-335).

> DeltaNick

John Shortridge
jshortri at rmi.net

Raise your glass to the hard working people
Lets drink to the uncounted heads
Lets think of the wandering millions
Who need leaders but get gamblers instead
-Jagger / Richards