[Slowhand] Marsalis & Clapton Play The Blues

Four61 four61ob at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 13:59:38 EDT 2011

I love this release, I came across a boot of one of the 3 gigs that make up the official release and played it non stop for a week.

As a few others have said, the DVD is the best way to enjoy this offering. Watching the complete bands interactions with each other makes this a grate listen/watch ! After my 1st viewing my wife complained it was too short, "is there more I want more" "no ? Ok let's watch it again!"

Joliet Bound is my pick as best track and the rework Layla was nice too. The Last Time was also great.

I love when Eric goes outside what some might call his zone, does he really have one ? He picked this setlist and had starting arrangements to work up with the band, so to say it's outside his zone doesn't seem work for me.

I love it but hell I love Retail Therapy too. So some of might say I'm just not right :)

Enjoy it I say

Chris